German Indonesian Geo-Campus in Indonesia for Competence in Education and Research for Organizations
The GetIn-CICERO Competence Network establishes a joint research campus in Indonesia in cooperation of the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering and the most prestigious university in the country, the Gadjah Mada University sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Coordinators of the research hub are Univ.-Prof. Dr. T.R. Rüde und Assoc. Prof. Dr. Doni Prakasa Eka Putra (UGM).
Aim of the project is to build up a German Indonesian Geo-Campus GetIn-CICERO (German Indonesian Geo-Campus in Indonesia for Competence in Education and Research for Organizations) structured as cooperation network for research, industry and politics which
- leads to new established international research groups with German-Indonesian collaboration
- provides excellent conditions for international and interdisciplinary scientific collaboration in Indonesia by its central laboratory
- provides services for industry, politics in the field of sustainable use of shortening Georesources (Cycle of Georesources)
- resulting long-term in a center for academic education of highly qualified staff in Indonesia, which is teaching according to German standards and supporting the internationalization of German science community.
- Acts as door opener to Indonesian market for German economy for example working in the field of Georesources or environemtal technologies.
An on-site representative office with integrated central laboratory will be set up at Gadjah Mada University, thus the visibility of GetIn-CICERO Campus at the beginning is achieved through joint research activities and their publication.
The on-site resources enable the collaboration of both partners at the highest scientific level. They also offer ideal working conditions for cooperation with German and Indonesian research institutions and universities as well as with international researchers in Indonesia. In the medium term, the network is to be extended to the entire Southeast Asian region.
Within the research and innovation projects of the four clusters coordinated by German and Indonesian scientist, who partly have long-term collaboration, work in interdisciplinary teams and/or in cooperation with industrial consortia.
Environment and Water,
Prof. Rüde, Prof. Schwarzbauer, Dr. Putra
Prof. Lottermoser, Prof. Preuße, Indon. coord.
Geohazards and Coastal Risk,
Prof. Kukla, Prof. Reicherter, Indon. coord.
Energy and Raw Material Efficiency,
Prof. Friedrich, Prof. Lottermoser, Indon. coord.
The participating scientists and companies share resources with university institutes, use synergy effects, exchange their knowledge directly on-site and via platforms specifically assigned to the clusters, and work together on future-proof innovations.
The internal and external networking take place by:
- Signing of further Memoranda of Understanding
- Establishment and operation of a representative office with integrated central laboratory
- Development and implementation of a scientific program (workshops)
- Establishment and operation of an e-learning platform
- Application for funding for joint research projects
- Joint interdisciplinary research projects
- Preparation and realisation of an international conference
The results of the German-Indonesian cooperation will lead to joint scientific publications, the organization of regular workshops and an international conference. Furthermore, these are incorporated in classroom teaching and newly developed e-learning lectures.